Addiction Counseling – 20 Questions Self Test
Very few folks can arrest an addiction on their own and often benefit a great deal by addiction counseling by a qualified professional.
Self Assessment Checklist
Feel free to answer these questions. You can add in any other addiction you wish: eg. sex, pills, anger, emotions.
Checklist results are not recorded and simply for your own use. Refreshing your browser clears the check marks.
|1. Did you ever lose time from work due to your Drug, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use?||Yes||No|
|2. Has your Drug, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use ever made your life unhappy?||Yes||No|
|3. Has your Drug, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use ever affected your reputation or standing in the community?||Yes||No|
|4. Have you every felt remorse after using Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol?||Yes||No|
|5. Did you ever control situations to get money to pay debts household bills or otherwise solve financial difficulties that resulted from your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use?||Yes||No|
|6. Has your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?||Yes||No|
|7. After using Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol did you feel you must get a better income or an extra job to pay for your activities?||Yes||No|
|8. After staying clean for a length of time, did you have a strong urge to return to using Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol thinking it would be different now?||Yes||No|
|9. Did you ever use Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol until your last chance was gone at work or in your home life?||Yes||No|
|10. Did you ever borrow money to finance your use of Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol to pay off an associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|11. Have you ever sold anything to finance your use of Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol or to pay off an associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|12. Were you reluctant to purchase necessary items because it would cut into your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol money?||Yes||No|
|13. Did your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use make you care less of the welfare of yourself and your family?||Yes||No|
|14. Did you ever stay in a degrading or dangerous situation longer than you planned as a result of your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use?||Yes||No|
|15. Have you ever dragged up old hurts to start an argument or fight so you could have an excuse to use Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol ?||Yes||No|
|16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, and illegal act to finance your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use?||Yes||No|
|17. Does your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol use and associated activities cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?||Yes||No|
|18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to use Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol ?||Yes||No|
|19. Did you ever have an idea that if loved ones would only see things your way, you would be able to control your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol usage?||Yes||No|
|20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your Drugs, Food, Gambling or Alcohol usage?||Yes||No|
The results of the above quiz should let you know a bit about yourself and your need for an addiction counselor.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentiary halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂