Sex Addiction Quiz
This sex addiction quiz is based loosely on usual addiction parameters for self-produced chemical addictions.
|1. Did you ever lose time from work due to your preoccupation with sex with self or others?||Yes||No|
|2. Have your sexual relationships with self or others ever made your life unhappy?||Yes||No|
|3. Have your sexual relationships with self or others affected your reputation?||Yes||No|
|4. Have you every felt remorse after manipulating a situation to obtain sex with self or others ?||Yes||No|
|5. Did you use money ordinarily earmarked for household bills to obtain sex either with self or others.||Yes||No|
|6. Has your involvement in a sexual relationship or infatuation caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?||Yes||No|
|7. After a fight or disagreement with a sexual partner or object of attention, did you feel you must get even?||Yes||No|
|8. After obtaining sex in some form, did you have a strong urge to do it again?||Yes||No|
|9. Did you often stay in a relationship until your last hope was gone?||Yes||No|
|10. Did you ever borrow money to finance a sexual relationship or buy your way out of an embarrassing sex related situation or associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|11. Have you ever sold anything to finance a sexual relationship or infatuation, or to buy sexual favors or buy your way out of an embarrassing or illegal situation or associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|12. Were you reluctant to purchase necessary items because you may need the money for sex?||Yes||No|
|13. Did your sexual relationships with others or yourself make you care less of the welfare of yourself, legitimate friends or your family?||Yes||No|
|14. Did you ever stay in a degrading or dangerous situation longer than you planned as a result of your sex involvements either with yourself or others?||Yes||No|
|15. Have you ever dragged old sexual resentments or hurts into discussions about current items with legitimate partners or family members?||Yes||No|
|16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act ion order to finance your sexual activities?||Yes||No|
|17. Did your sexual relationships with yourself or others cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?||Yes||No|
|18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to procure sexual gratification in some form?||Yes||No|
|19. Did you ever have an idea that if loved ones would only see things your way, life would be much better?||Yes||No|
|20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your sexual thoughts, behaviors or relationships?||Yes||No|
Go through these questions to see how many apply to you. Even minor guilt and shame can hold you back for a whole lifetime of unsatisfied living! If you see a pattern get some help! There are plenty of great therapists that can assist with this type of issue.
Any Therapy at all is better than stuffing emotions down by overeating or acting out on your compulsions and causing even further damage to yourself or others.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentiary halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long-term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂