Addiction Treatment Programs Help
What can be done?
There are currently over 1200 different self-help organizations, some undoubtedly more effective than others. Most do not have fees but may pass the hat for a few coins to help them pay room rent etc.
There are a great many good treatment facilities around if you have health insurance or the patience to wait for a government opening in a treatment center.
Many of these paid addiction treatment Programs and detox centers are a great way to arrest your addiction, please take advantage of any good help you can to accomplish this. At the end of the day though, you will probably be well advised to follow-up with a self-help ongoing support group.
Here are a few of the main addiction treatment programs with a good track record that allow affordable assistance with addiction recovery.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Al-Anon and Al-A-Teen for family members
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Nar-Anon for family members
- Gamblers Anonymous
- GamAnon for family members in some locations
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Sexaholics Anonymous
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Debtors Anonymous
- and many more
Consult your local telephone directory to or contact your local crisis line, check community listings or ask your doctor for a recommendation. If all else fails call a local AA office, they can usually point you in the right direction.
If you need assistance email us with your concern and your town or city and we will be happy to find you a contact. All queries will be treated as confidential.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentery halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂