Addiction Rehab Center – Break the Cycle
Symptoms of Addiction and Codependency
- Resentful Attitudes
- Risky Behaviors
- Aggressiveness or Passiveness
- Mood Swings
- Physical Symptoms
- Weight gain or loss – using food as a drug to calm the storms
- Addiction to prescription or other drugs
- Nervous twitches and ticks
- Reactive Behavior instead of proactive behavior
- Always feeling overwhelmed
- Not trusting of your own feelings
- Never feeling good enough
- Depression, Anxiety and Lethargy
This website is for folks who are seeking information about addictions, drug addiction signs and recovery from various forms of chemical addictions and compulsive behaviors.
- Rather than slipping off into “I’m-different-land” the solution may be achieved by taking a broader view of recovery programs and their specific addictions that they address. These days the single addiction person is quite rare.
- Denial and Isolation may be lessened or eliminated by gaining a sense of
“I am One person with a fragmented recovery program” rather than
- “I’m a fragmented person with a whole bunch of problems that no-one understands”.
Also, the complexities of multiple addictions are discussed somewhat as today’s addicts are usually coping with multiple issues and addicted to varying degrees.
These multiple addictions are very difficult to deal with as they are so commonly misdiagnosed and the addict is left in a coping position only. When this happens true relief is not experienced and a life blossoming to its true potential is lost from the planet.
Dealing with addictions from self-produced chemicals is also discussed as it is a very complex issue as well. Gamblers, shoppers, sex and crime addict’s drugs of choice are the self-produced drugs adrenalin and endorphins, which are like any other drugs and gain tolerance therefore higher stakes have to be present to get the same feeling of control or thrill.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentery halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂