Codependency Recovery Tools
Here is my list of codependency recovery tools:
- 12 Step Meetings – Regular attendance at 12 step meetings
is the best way for a recovering individual to see first hand how the recovery program works and to benefit from the combined experience of many other recovering individuals.
- Telephone contact – with another recovering member of your codependency 12 step program between meetings is a great way to avoid the isolation that is common with many codependents.
- Sponsorship – all members may benefit by utilizing a member with more positive experiences under their belt as a sponsor. Seasoned members become sponsors to share what they have learned in their recovery journey and to keep their recovery.
- Anonymity – members identities and personal sharings are protected and held in confidence to create a safe place for all to recover.
- Service – to other recovering codependents helps recovery goals stay in the forefront. Service is done by taking part in the regular responsibilities workings of the 12 step group. Set up chairs, clean up the room or lead a meeting are a few ways all members may contribute.
- 12 Step Literature – is an important part of every members program. Reading the approved literature will assist a recovering individual to learn more about the recovery program and its various workings.
- Writing and Journaling – will allow a recovering individual to clear up old feelings and maintain a personal recovery plan.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributer for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentery halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minumum so its not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂