Everybody has got emotional garbage in their life, the objective is not to throw it away - but to make art out of it!
Defrag your brain and clear out the old emotional files (e-files) 🙂
- Write a wish list and keep it in a safe place.
- A wish list will take away the swimming around things in your head
- Write an accomplished this year list and keep it in a safe place.
- Use a time management tool of some sort and clear out the accomplishments at the end of each day, more often on especially cluttered days.
- Write a jot list of your current feelings at any given moment, make sure you are not feeling someone else’s feelings or putting your feelings in politically correct categories. Throw this list away as you get fresh new feelings every day, no need to hang on to the old damaged ones.
- Write a list of recovery goals that you would like to achieve and keep it in a safe place.
- Repair your photo life by getting a good photo App of some sort – – I like Enlight app on my iPhone – and crop all the crappy pics of yourself and put them on Instagram which has fabulous photo filters that will make even the craziest photo look great!
- Archive your past memories and associated feelings by collecting all the photos you have or can acquire about your life to date, put them in order in a photo album. This can free up a great amount of space in your personal operating memory and allow you to go forward in your recovery, quicker.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contribute for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentiary halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long-term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂